Wilmar Africa, producers of frytol Oil and Fortune rice want to be the first Ghanaian representatives to win the Standard Chartered trophy tournament.
Wilmar will be at Liverpool’s iconic stadium, Anfield, this weekend to participate in the 5-aside tournament against other markets after winning the local tournament in March.
The Standard Chartered Trophy 2019 Tournament, is hinged on the bank’s Liverpool FC sponsorship. This is an international 5-aside football tournament that provides local markets with a platform to actively engage its clients, media partners, staff, and stakeholders.
Wilmar Africa is on this all-expenses-paid trip to Anfield, the home of Liverpool FC. Whilst at Anfield the team will watch Liverpool's final Premier League game of the season which may well decide the title and take part in a training session at the LFC Academy to prepare for the final tournament where they will join seven other teams from different countries to determine which team emerges as the best for the year.
Anfield will hardly be as raucous as it will be in Liverpool’s game against Wolves, when Wilmar step on the lush green pitch to defend Stanchart Ghana but Wilmar Africa are focused on delivering victory for the Ghana market which will mean this year's representatives would have gone ahead of GNPC, Multichoice and EIB network teams who failed to annex the ultimate.
Ghana has been participating in this tournament since 2015 and has had the opportunity to take staff, clients and media personalities to Anfield to watch Liverpool FC home games and interact with some legends of the club.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia
- Three reasons why Kwesi Appiah cannot drop Asamoah Gyan
- StarTimes to broadcast live Kotoko vs Asec Mimosas friendly
- Asamoah Gyan's return will be negative but… Foh-Amoaning
- Gyan rescinds Black Stars retirement decision
- Gyan’s 'tirade', Akufo-Addo's intervention criticised
- Akufo-Addo backs Kwasi Appiah's new Black Stars captain decision