Ghanaian Heavyweight Boxer Richard Lartey is on the verge of losing out on a big opportunity to announce himself on the international stage.
This is because of the delay in securing a UK visa for Lartey to travel for the Premier African Steak boxing bout.
Lartey has built an international profile after defeating champions from Burkina Faso and Kenya and he is now ready to raise his stocks high in the United Kingdom when he faces Daniel Dubois at the Wembley Arena, London on April 27.
But that dream could hit a rock with the current situation regarding his visa. This is a major worry for CEO of Cabic Promotions and Management, Ivan Bruce Cudjoe who is appealing to the British High Commission to expedite the process.
"On Tuesday four of the visas came out and those were for the technical team but the main boxer his visa hasn't come, we have been checking but nothing concrete from the High Commission- all they keep telling us is that it is in process," he told Joy FM
"We were supposed to leave on Tuesday because the fight is on Saturday but plans have changed, if we had gotten it on Tuesday we would have left on Wednesday so he can go for the medicals.
"The Promoters have been calling the High Commission and till now we still haven't heard anything."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele
- Hazard unveiled to Real Madrid fans – ‘I’m here to win titles’
- 2019 AFCON: Algeria drops player for exposing 'buttocks' in video
- Women's WC: Australia fight back as Brazil suffer first group-stage defeat in 24 years
- Premier League fixtures 2019-20: Man United face Chelsea on opening day