Berekum Chelsea have withdrawn from the ongoing Normalisation Committee Special Cup following a temporary stadium ban.
The General manager Nana Kwame Nketiah informed Joy Sports about their decision.
According to him, the club have “nowhere to go”.
The Blues have been banned from using the Golden City Park following reports of violence in their goalless encounter with Asante Kotoko on Sunday.
The violence ensued before the game resulting in serious injuries to two Asante Kotoko officials.
Kotoko policy analyst Amo Sarpong, who is said to have fired gunshots, has also been handed a temporary ban by Ghana FA Normalisation Committee.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal