Mauro Icardi scored on his first Inter Milan appearance in almost two months to help his side extend their lead in third place with a 4-0 Serie A win away to 10-man Genoa on Wednesday.
The Argentine had not featured since being stripped of the captaincy on Feb. 13 amid protracted contract renewal talks.
Icardi initially said he could not play because of a knee problem, before returning to training last week after negotiations between his lawyer and the club.
Roberto Gagliardini opened the scoring in the first half before Icardi won and converted a penalty after Genoa defender Cristian Romero was sent off.
The former Inter captain then teed up Ivan Perisic for their third in the second half and Gagliardini scored his second of the night to complete the rout. The result leaves Inter four points clear of fourth-placed rivals AC Milan, while Genoa remain 12th on 33 points.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Akufo-Addo backs Kwesi Appiah's new Black Stars captain decision
- StarTimes to broadcast 2019 Copa Del Rey final
- Ghana does not belong to Asamoah Gyan, he can go – Grunsah
- Arsenal's Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final due to security concerns
- André Ayew set to be named new Ghana captain
- Kwesi Appiah forced Gyan to retire - Asamoah’s Aide
- Highlights: Asamoah Gyan, 16 years a Black Star [Video + infographic]
- Manner of Gyan's retirement reveals true, fractured state of Black Stars
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- Ghana can end AFCON drought with TB Joshua's help - Richard Kingson
- Why African players are dominating European leagues
- Bolivian referee dies after collapsing during match
- Kofi Addo-Agyekum grateful to SWAG
- 'Quality not enough' to win Afcon - Thomas Partey
- Guardiola: 'Incredible' treble not enough for Man City without Champions League