Mauro Icardi scored on his first Inter Milan appearance in almost two months to help his side extend their lead in third place with a 4-0 Serie A win away to 10-man Genoa on Wednesday.
The Argentine had not featured since being stripped of the captaincy on Feb. 13 amid protracted contract renewal talks.
Icardi initially said he could not play because of a knee problem, before returning to training last week after negotiations between his lawyer and the club.
Roberto Gagliardini opened the scoring in the first half before Icardi won and converted a penalty after Genoa defender Cristian Romero was sent off.
The former Inter captain then teed up Ivan Perisic for their third in the second half and Gagliardini scored his second of the night to complete the rout. The result leaves Inter four points clear of fourth-placed rivals AC Milan, while Genoa remain 12th on 33 points.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance