The last set of Ghanaian players participating in the ongoing International Tenis Federation U18 World Junior Circuit in Accra crashed out on Thursday.
The players could not make to it to the semifinals and finals of the men's singles events and men’s doubles.
Unseeded player, Johnson Acquah was the last Ghanaian in the singles event. He was defeated by another unseeded player from France, Mathis Bondaz, 6-2,6-0.
After the game, Johnson said that he lost to a more experienced player.
“I played a very strong opponent who watched my previous game and took advantage of my weakness.
“The first set was very tasking and short. I tried to put the balls at the corners of the court, but I noticed that he could reach all the balls.
“I changed my playing pattern by playing deep court, but it was not also working for me; I was just losing points. So I lost concentration and started panicking.
“The second set was worse. I could not cope with my opponent.
“So I told myself to let it go and play better in the next leg,” Acquah said.
Meanwhile, in other matches played, unseeded Damien Laporte of Seychelles defeated Egyptian Eshaan Lumba 6-1,6-4.
In the doubles event, Benjamin Palm and Johnson Acquah could not with stand Indian Eshaan Lumba and his partner Youssef Nabil from Egypt. The duo lost 7-5,6-3.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support