The national men’s hockey team, the Black Sticks, continued their good form at the 2019 Africa Hockey Olympic qualifiers defeating Namibia 3-1 at the Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
Black Sticks skipper Salya Nsalbini led by example, scoring a hattrick to secure the three points and edge the side ever closer to a place at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
The defender’s goal-scoring rout started in the 25th minute with Namibia’s Jacobs Pieter getting the equaliser 5 minutes later, but it would only serve as a consolation as Nsalbini would get his next two goals in the space of just 3 minutes, the first in the 50th and his last in the 53rd.
Nsalbini has been in good form in the competition so far scoring the winning goal in yesterday’s tense 3-2 victory over Kenya before further impressing with his three goals against Namibia.
Next up for Nsalbini and Ghana is South Africa on Thursday 15th August 2019.
More Sports Headlines
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa