Egyptian club Ismaily have been reinstated into the African Champions League after disqualification last month when fans forced the abandonment of a home fixture against Club Africain, the Confederation of African Football said on Monday.
Ismaily supporters threw stones and water bottles towards the field, which forced Cameroon referee Neant Alioum to order the teams into the changing rooms in stoppage time with the visitors leading 2-1.
CAF's appeal board ruled in favour of Ismaily on Sunday saying there had been no invasion of the playing area nor evidence it was directed at the visiting team and therefore no grounds for disqualification.
The appeal board made no recommendation on the outcome of the match against Club Africain.
Ismaily had already lost their opening game in Group C at TP Mazembe Englebert of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Egypt were named as hosts of the 2019 African Nations Cup last month despite a number of incidents involving unruly fans in recent years that forced local officials to limit the number of spectators at domestic fixtures to 5,000.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON: Kameni, Mputu and Mikel; “The Survivors” from Egypt 2006
- Football quiz: How well do you know your AFCON?
- Manchester United fans top list of football-related arrests involving racism
- NC Special Cup: All the best photos as Kotoko silence Hearts in Accra
- 2019 AFCON: Kwesi Appiah hails current Black Stars camp as "most peaceful"
- Nima wins Sheikh Sharubutu Ramadan Cup
- VIDEO: Goalie Felix Annan celebrates Kotoko victory in Black Stars camp
- NC Special Cup: How Kotoko and Hearts served a superb tactical semi-final
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach final
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America