The Ghana Football Association Normalisation Committee have released the fixtures for its special competition which is expected to kick off February 15.
Per the fixtures, Premier League clubs have been zoned into two – A and B.of eight teams each while Division One clubs also have separate fixtures and module.
Premier A consists of clubs basically in the Northern belt of Ghana namely; Aduana Stars, Asante Kotoko, AshantiGold, Bechem United, Berekum Chelsea, Medeama SC and Wa All Stars. Two of these clubs – Berekum Chelsea and Bechem United have been moved from their traditional home venues to the Nana Agyeman Badu I Park and Baba Yara Stadium respectively.
Premier B also has Accra Hearts of Oak, Dreams FC, Ebusua Dwarfs, Elmina Sharks, Inter Allies, Karela United, Liberty Professionals and WAFA SC.
The opening day throws up some mouthwatering encounters like a Kotoko-Aduana clash in Kumasi and a Hearts vs Dreams FC tie in Accra.
Each team will play a total of 14 home and away matches before the top sides advance to the next stage.
Premier A Fixtures – 1st Round:
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal