Ghana will face Burkina Faso in a double-legged qualifying tie for a place in the 2020 Total African Nations Championship (CHAN) to be staged in Ethiopia.
The home-based Black Stars will host their Burkinabe counterparts in the first leg match before travelling away for the return encounter.
This was announced after a draw held on Wednesday, 30 January 2019 at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo, Egypt on the sidelines of the Organising Committee of the competition.
Forty-seven (47) teams are engaged in the battle for 15 places to join host Ethiopia for the final tournament of the sixth edition of the tournament designed exclusively for footballers playing in their domestic leagues.
The draw was the highlight of the meeting of the 25-member committee, which saw the format and procedure approved. The format of the competition remains unchanged and will be played on a zonal basis to determine the finalists for Ethiopia.
The quota for the various zones is as follows;
Northern Zone – 2 teams
Western A Zone – 2 teams
Western B Zone – 3 teams
Central Zone – 3 teams
Central-East Zone – 2 teams + Ethiopia
Southern Zone – 3 teams
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final
- AFCON 2019: Celebrations marred by violence after Algeria's semi-final win
- AFCON 2019: Mahrez scores late winner to put Algeria into final
- AFCON 2019: Senegal beat Tunisia after extra-time to reach final
- Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Wimbledon final-set tie-break thriller
- 'Beating PSG 6-1 my best footballing memory' - Neymar fuels Barca comeback
- Senegal v Tunisia: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Military planes to fly Algeria fans to Cairo for Nigeria clash
- Agyemang-Badu joins Hellas Verona on loan
- Simona Halep beats Serena Williams to win Wimbledon title