The Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda will go toe to toe in their opener in African Nations Cup Group A clash on Saturday as both defensive teams vie for three points in Cairo.
A win for either side could help their chances of making it of the group alongside hosts Egypt, who enjoyed a winning start on Friday.
What is the kickoff time for the match?
The match will start at exactly 14:30GMT
Recent form in all competitions:
DR Congo: W(1), D(2)
Uganda: W(1), D(2)
Team news: Who is available, injured or suspended for DR Congo v Uganda?
Cedric Bakambu, despite missing a penalty in DR Congo’s final AFCON warm-up match against Kenya, is expected to lead the attack, He will receive support from the talented trio of Tresor Mputu, Yannick Bolasie and M’Poku.
West Ham ace Musuaku should start at left-back after excelling in the two warm-up games.
Uganda head coach Sebastien Desabre has no injury issues here. He could opt for a 4-4-2 formation with Farouk Miya being the main man up front. The 21-year-old has 22 goals in 59 appearances for the Cranes.
His team's strength, however, is in defence. They conceded just three goals in qualifying. Uganda goalkeeper Denis Onyango kept five cleans sheets in the six games he played in qualifying.
What is the head to head record?
There have been just three previous matches involving DR. Congo and Uganda with the Ugandans leading the head to head by two wins to one. Two meetings in that run have produced less than three goals.
Potential Starting XI:
Matampi, Masuaku, Tisserand, Luyindama, Mpeko, Mulumbu, Mbemba, Bolaise, Mabi, M’Poku, Bakambu
Onyango, Juuko, Aucho, Mugabi, Wasswa, Azira, Walusimbi, Okwi, Kaddu, Miya, Abdu.
Follow all the tournament games with #JoyAFCON. There’s live radio commentary on Joy 99.7FM, post-match programs on Joy FM, JoyNews TV (available via MultiTV Digibox and on DStv channel 421), Joy Prime (on DStv 281), analysis shows, and fan zones. Follow complete social media coverage on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with @JoySportsGH.
More Sports Headlines
- Ghanaian midfielder Godfred Donsah joins Cercle Brugge on loan
- Turkish company to construct Hearts of Oak’s Pobiman Academy
- Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- Talking points from the La Liga weekend
- Talking points from the Bundesliga weekend
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs