Wilmar Ghana beat competition from 23 other corporate bodies to win the highly anticipated 2019 Standard Chartered trophy at the Lizzy Sports Complex last Saturday.
The event which is organized by Standard Chartered Bank in their key markets is aimed at depending relationships between the bank and its clients and key stakeholders.
Wilmar Ghana had a very good run in the group stages, quarterfinals, and semi-finals but had a tough time in finals against Voltic who gave a good run for their money.
Wilmar Ghana despite going down by two goals early in the final which was been watched by 2019 Standard chartered trophy Legend Phil Babb, CEO of Stanchart Ghana alongside a host of dignitaries managed to a strong come beak to win 5-3.
They get to play a world tournament with other winners in Standard Chartered markets and get to watch a Liverpool game.
The Standard Chartered "Road to Anfield" Trophy is an annual competition which gives a lifetime opportunity to people with diverse backgrounds around the globe to meet and spend time with Liverpool football stars and also aimed at deepening relationships between the bank and its clients and stakeholders.
Head of Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing, at Standard Chartered -Ghana, Aseidua Addae in her closing address lauded the efforts of the two finalists and assured the winners of an exciting trip to Anfield.
Liverpool legend, Phill Babb, who graced the occasion, tasked the winners to become the first African side to win the competition when they participate in Anfield.
Winners Wilmar Ghana will, therefore, represent Ghana at a World Tournament alongside other winners from the West Africa sub-region and will get a fully sponsored trip to Anfield – the home of five European Champions Liverpool in May for the competition.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship