Black Stars will miss the services of defender Andy Yiadom when they take on Kenya in the final 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Accra on March 23.
The Reading player was expected to start at right back as the two nations fight for the top position in Group F, however, that will not be the case.
Yiadom sustained an injury while turning out for Reading against Stoke City in the English championship over the weekend.
Following that unfortunate incident, coach Kwesi Appiah has called to the squad Royal Antwerp defender Daniel Opare for the clash.
The Black Stars are expected to start training for the match on Tuesday evening at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Akufo-Addo backs Kwesi Appiah's new Black Stars captain decision
- StarTimes to broadcast 2019 Copa Del Rey final
- Ghana does not belong to Asamoah Gyan, he can go – Grunsah
- Arsenal's Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final due to security concerns
- André Ayew set to be named new Ghana captain
- Kwesi Appiah forced Gyan to retire - Asamoah’s Aide
- Highlights: Asamoah Gyan, 16 years a Black Star [Video + infographic]
- Manner of Gyan's retirement reveals true, fractured state of Black Stars
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- Ghana can end AFCON drought with TB Joshua's help - Richard Kingson
- Why African players are dominating European leagues
- Bolivian referee dies after collapsing during match
- Kofi Addo-Agyekum grateful to SWAG
- 'Quality not enough' to win Afcon - Thomas Partey
- Guardiola: 'Incredible' treble not enough for Man City without Champions League