Hearts started the Normalisation Committee Special Competition with a win against Dreams FC on Sunday.
Kojo Obeng Jr got the game's only goal in Accra.
Here are some quick notes from the tie.
It was a solid starting lineup, and there are no complaints.
Richmond Ayi, Chris Bonney, William Dankyi, Mo Alhassan, Robert Sowah, Aminu Alhassan, Malik Akowah (sub: Ben Afutu), Fatau Mohammed, Kwadwo Obeng Jnr (sub: Michelle Sarpong), Joseph Esso and Kofi Kordzi.
Hearts played poorly in the first 20 minutes. They looked jittery, were slow, sluggish, gave away the ball cheaply on so many occasions. But they came into their own after 25 minutes.
Hearts had good chances but failed to bury them generally.
The Phobians started the second half as they did the first but got what they wanted - goal - two minutes into the second half through Obeng.
They got better when Ben Afutu came on for Akowuah.
- Aminu Alhassan - Was full of energy, running, did the simple things well, intercepted and broke up the visitor's attack.
- Mohammed Alhassan and Robert Sowah - Were solid, calm, composed and confident at the back. Passed the ball very well. Kept the two Dreams' frontmen at bay for a large part of the game.
Didn't play well:
Fatau Mohammed - Wasn't confident, gave away the ball and lost possession so many times.
Overall, it was an average performance from the Phobians. Need to work on their finishing.
Malik Akowah and William Dankyi - Were a pale shadow of themselves.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele
- Hazard unveiled to Real Madrid fans – ‘I’m here to win titles’
- 2019 AFCON: Algeria drops player for exposing 'buttocks' in video