Sadio Mane and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored final-day goals to share the Golden Boot with Mohamed Salah.
Salah also won the prize last season.
It is the lowest winning total since 2010-11, when Dimitar Berbatov and Carlos Tevez shared the Golden Boot with 20 goals each.
Salah, 26, scored 32 goals last term. That figure is the record for the most goals scored in a 38-game campaign.
He becomes the sixth player to win the award in consecutive seasons.
Tottenham's Harry Kane, the last player to retain the Premier League Golden Boot, having won it in 2015-16 and 2016-17, finished on 17 goals following a campaign blighted by injury.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal