Lionel Messi scored twice but it was not enough to give Spanish champions Barcelona a winning finale to the season in a 2-2 draw against Eibar at Ipurua.
Ernesto Valverde picked a relatively strong side for Barca’s last game of the 2018/19 La Liga season although injuries to Arthur, Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele forced his hand somewhat.
Marc Cucurella struck the opener on 20 minutes for Eibar, who finished their campaign 12th in La Liga, with Messi turning the match on its head with a classy double on 31 and 32 minutes.
But Pablo De Blasis earned the home side a point with an equaliser on 45 minutes, slicing a strike into the top corner after Jasper Cillessen came off his line to make a headed clearance on the edge of his own box.
Barca finish the season as champions on 87 points, 11 points clear of second-placed Atletico Madrid with Real Madrid 19 points off top spot after their 2-0 home defeat to Real Betis earlier on Sunday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze