Black Stars goalkeepers’ trainer Richard Olele Kingson has revealed that popular Nigerian prophet TB Joshua can help the senior national team win the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations trophy in Egypt.
Ghana haven’t won the continent’s flagship competition since 1982 in Libya.
Since then they have been to three finals and this year they are in a group alongside holders Cameroon, Guinea-Bissau and Benin.
Image: Richard Kingson
“I believe. If we allow ourselves and contact him and ask him, Daddy, please we want you to back us with your prayers he'll do it,” Kingson said on Joy Sports’ Arena Sunday.
“If the team or nation sends me, I will go. My father in the lord does not take money from anybody. Everything is free from his heart because he always says that: ''I'm not the healer-I'm not Jesus Christ, I'm not God, I'm not Jesus Christ.”
Head coach Kwesi Appiah is expected to name a provisional 30 man squad this week with the team set to play two friendly games during their three-week pre-tournament camp in Dubai.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze