Africa’s leading digital TV operator StarTimes has announced that they will broadcast live the 2018–19 Copa Del Rey final between Barcelona and Valencia on May 25 2019.
StarTimes sealed a deal with the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) to acquire TV rights to the cup final.
The game scheduled to take place at the Benito Villamarín Stadium in Seville will be exclusive to World Football Channel on the StarTimes decoder and mobile App.
La Liga Champions Barcelona will be looking to seal a fifth straight success when they face off with Valencia in the final.
Valencia, on the other hand, secured Champions League football for the second year running by winning 2-0 at Real Valladolid at the weekend, clinching fourth place in La Liga at the expense of Getafe.
“We are delighted to be bringing to our subscribers the final of the Spanish football’s premier cup competition.”
“We are committed to giving our cherished subscribers more and more of great content and this is not an exception.” Director of TV StarTimes Ghana, George Lomotey said.
“I will like to take this opportunity to call on all media houses to desist from pirating the content to avoid legal actions against them. StarTimes has exclusive rights in this territory and will sue any offender who infringes upon our copyrights.”
StarTimes is the leading digital TV operator in Africa, serving nearly 20 million users with a signal covering the whole continent and a massive distribution network of 200 brand halls, 10,000 convenience stores and 15,000 distributors in 30 countries. StarTimes owns a featured content platform, with 480 authorized channels consisting of news, movies, series, sports, entertainment, children's programs, etc. The company's vision is "To ensure that every African family can access, afford, watch and share the beauty of digital TV". StarTimes achieves this by combining satellite and terrestrial DTV systems as well as OTT services to provide an open and secure digital wireless platform. The company provides a robust signal transmission service for public and private broadcasters, offers consumers outstanding Pay-TV programs, online video service, terminals, door-to-door service and flexible payment. In particular, The “StarTimes ON” App provides data-saving live TV and VOD service in high definition. Find out more about StarTimes ON at startimestv.com
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal