Eight teams have qualified for the grand finale of the maiden CLUB Beer 5on5 Amateur Football tournament.
In a series of keenly contested matches held at the Zulka Sports Arena, Dansoman, four teams each from male and female categories emerged as finalists.
Lincoln FC from Ashanti Region, Robohoth from Western Region, Supper Stars from Upper East Region, and Boys Boys from Greater Region make up the final four in the male category.
For the female category, the final four include Do the Do from Upper East Region, Bishop Ladies, Wisdom Ladies all from Great Accra Region and Bella 5 from the Volta Region.
The teams are set to compete one more time on Sunday, 26th May 2019 at the Lizzy’s Sports Complex for a chance to be named national amateur champions.
ABL’s Head of Marketing, Ms Ewurafua Addo-Atuah, in an interview, congratulated the finalists and remarked that “it’s been an exciting few months of football matches for them and they are truly deserving of this accomplishment”.
Ms Addo-Atuah added that “however, each team will have to bring more than their A-game at the finals, which is expected to be more intense. We have no doubt that they will deliver and wish them the absolute best as they vie to become the pride of Ghana come May 26”.
The national champions will participate in a continental football gala in Tanzania, along with champions from 7 other African countries in June this year. The winning team from the continental finals will travel to Europe for the ultimate football experience.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze