Former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is set to be appointed as the new Inter Milan manager.
Italian Conte, 49, has been out of the game since he was sacked by Chelsea last July, ending a controversial two years at the club.
Inter are fourth in Serie A and will qualify for next season's Champions League if they beat Empoli on Sunday.
However, it is understood that will not be enough to keep coach Luciano Spalletti in a job.
Chief executive Beppe Marotta, who left Juventus in October, hired Conte while he was in Turin and remains close to him.
Conte won the Premier League title in his first season at Stamford Bridge and the FA Cup in his second, but his time at the club was marred by a series of squabbles, which included texting striker Diego Costa to tell him he was no longer wanted.
Prior to that he won three titles in as many season with Juventus before spending two years in charge of Italy.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final