Football is back… although not quite as we know it.
The Bundesliga returned on Saturday to much fanfare with Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig among the teams in action.
However, it had an unfamiliar feel without any boisterous supporters to urge the players on.
Despite the players moving freely around the pitch, some managers wore masks and the substitutes were spread out. Even the coin toss ceremony saw the captains steer clear of each other – all slightly pointless given the close-combat nature of football.
Here we take a glance at some of the more unusual moments…
1. Warm-up in masks
2. Quick wipe of the match ball
3. Out come the players (without fans)
4. Masked-up managers and staff
5. Substitutes kept apart
6. Medical staff keep distance
7. The new normal for celebrations?
8. Thanking the ‘fans’