The suspect who attempted to murder the Chief of Akyem Kade, Osabarima Agyare Tinadu II, has been fined ¢5,000.
This was after the 42-year-old man appeared before the Kade Circuit Court on Tuesday, September 13.
The suspect, Osei Forson Kwadwo, was arrested by the police for opening fire to drive out the chief and his entourage at a funeral grounds last Saturday.
The Municipal Chief Executive for Kwaebirim, Seth Antwi Bosiako in a media interview said other charges will be preferred against him.
He also revealed that the chief has also made a criminal allegation against him.
“He was taken to court, and he was charged and fined for indiscriminately firing gunshots.
“There is another charge which the security service arrested him for. The chief himself has also levelled allegations against him, but he is yet to be charged for that. The investigation is still going on for that criminal allegation by the chief.”
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Current system not effective enough to mobilise more revenue – Gyan-Quansah
- Resolve infrastructure deficit in education sector – SEND Ghana urges government
- Christmas starts early at Labadi Beach Hotel
- Prof. Kwesi Yankah: The curse of penalties: Dede Ayew
- 2022 World Cup: Players gave their all – Otto Addo on Black Stars exit
- We expect to reach a Staff-Level Agreement with IMF soon
- Young girls exchanging sex for sanitary pad – Eco-Me Africa
- Playback: NDC outlines modalities ahead of 10th National Delegates Congress
- SEND Ghana requests government to clarify intended increase in LEAP
- We’re shocked Akufo-Addo watched World Cup in Qatar despite economic crisis – Minority
- Carruthers Tetteh: Educating Persons Living with Disabilities in Ghana: Predicaments and Solutions
- VOICE Ghana charges government to build an inclusive society for PWDs
- Nigerian artistes make sacrifices and investments to attain global recognition – Harrysong
- Woman shot as armed robbers attack Awutu Bereku residents
- Qatar 2022: Black Stars will be back hungrier than ever – Elisha Owusu
- 25 teams in Ashanti region progress to final stage of GSTEP challenge