The newly installed Taviefe Sreme, Divisional Chief Togbe Amega Dze Vudze IV, has promised to partner with government and private sector to harness development to his jurisdiction.
He hopes to lobby both sectors to turn the area into an industrial hub by establishing manufacturing factories and out-grower schemes to create jobs and promote the growth of the local economy.
Speaking to Joy News after the coronation, he promised to provide a launchpad for his subjects to engage in economic activities to enhance their livelihoods.
Taviefe Sreme is a peri-urban community in the Ho Municipality of the Volta Region, where most residents engage in farming.
However, the majority of the youth are shying away from the traditional way of farming and seeking corporate, industry, and other menial jobs.
Due to this, the newly installed Taviefe Sreme Divisional Chief, Togbe Amega Dze Vudze IV , is hoping to partner with government and private investors to deliver jobs for his people.
He said he will lobby to establish a factory under the ‘One District, One Factory policy, where products will be exported to Europe and America.
“We are ready to engage any investor. We have litigation-free lands in our area ready for development. We will establish branches across the 16 regions of the country to feed the factory with raw materials,” he said.
While at it, Togbe Amega Dze Vudze IV believes that human capacity building is another factor to consider which would contribute develop the community.
He, therefore, appealed for a tertiary institution to be situated in the area to serve the increasing population of high school graduates.
He also said that the community needs additional police posts since it is fast spreading, hence the need for intensified security,
The traditional council is hopeful Togbe Amega Dze Vudze IV would deliver on his promises, considering his track record in the private sector.
Togbe Amega Dze Vudze IV, known in private life as Kofi Harrison Agbefordo, is an entrepreneur and a contractor who deals in General construction.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Adom Music Chart: Asakaa Boys, Black Sherif and Daddy Lumba top list in Week 11
- Appianyinasehene commissions KG block and children playing ground
- Mesut Ozil retires from football
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Fifi Folson making Gospel funky on Joy FM
- EIU revises global growth forecast for 2023 to 2%
- Actor Mawuli Gavor and wife expecting first child
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement, could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA