In most homes, offices and shops, refrigerators are never put off unless there is a power cut, as they used to preserve food and medicines.
Putting the refrigerator on for 24 hours and seven days a week means a lot of power consumption especially if the user does not have an energy efficient option.
Good news is on the horizon as there is no an App that has the names of all refrigerators imported into the country. With just a click the user can show much electricity the new device will consume.
Watch the video for more.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Mark Zuckerberg, missing in action
- Facebook accused of dark PR tactics
- MiSafes' child-tracking smartwatches are 'easy to hack'
- 'Ugly' mistake sends Google data to China
- WhatsApp is going to delete all your messages
- Burned to death because of a rumour on WhatsApp
- Local IT firm develops employee verification solution
- Apple admits that there’s a major problem with the iPhone
- ICT is modern juju - University Professor
- Facebook will no longer force employees to resolve sexual harassment claims in arbitration
- Apple finds quality problems in some iPhone X and MacBook models
- China unveils AI news presenter
- Player anger over Rainbow Six Siege changes
- World’s first folding smartphone unveiled – and it’s not from Samsung
- Why big tech firms pays poor Kenyans to programme self-driving cars