Launched in Accra at the Movenpick Hotel on Saturday 7th July 2018 following the Global Launch in Dubai, Infinix Note 5, the brand’s “Beyond Intelligent” smartphone, is part of the Android One programme, designed to deliver a software experience by Google.
Android One brings secure and smart AI-powered innovations like the Google Assistant and Google Lens to everyone.
With TRANSSION joining the Android One programme, Infinix’ Note 5 is bringing young people a new intelligent lifestyle that empowers them to become trendsetters.
The “Beyond Intelligent” Note 5 smartphone is equipped with an amazing display, which provides users with superb viewing and entertainment experience with an Infinity 6.0’’ FHD screen and an 18:9 screen ratio.
The edge-to-edge screen also makes the device look stunning, both from a design and a technological perspective.
According to Benjamin Jiang, Managing Director of Infinix mobile, targeting trendsetters, and young professionals, Infinix Note 5 comes with a software experience designed by Google, combined with great hardware from Infinix/TRANSSION.
“We empower our users to go beyond the limit with our newest breakthrough technology. All while they enjoy an intelligent lifestyle through the fusion of technology and stylishness. In partnership with Google on Android One, we will provide the young generations with unprecedented mobile experience and revolutionize their mobile life with Note 5.”
Speaking on the partnership, Arif Chowdhury, Group Vice President TRANSSION said: “As a provider of mobile devices and mobile value-added services in global emerging markets, we focus on serving a wide range of consumer groups and we firmly believe that the mobile communication device that has revolutionized social life belongs to everyone.
“We are pleased to partner with Google to cater to the young generations and present them with an intelligent and trendy lifestyle with the launch of Note 5,” he added.
“If you get a new smartphone you expect it to be amazing. That’s why we teamed up with TRANSSION through our Android One program. Together we strive to give users a range of smartphones, such as the Infinix Note 5, that combine beautiful hardware with Google’s smartly designed software – from the latest AI-powered innovations to the highest grade of security,” said Mahir Sahin, Director Android Partnerships for Africa.
The Note 5 device features a perfect 16MP low-light front camera, which allows selfie lovers to take professional selfies even in low light, whilst the rear camera is supported by a 12MP resolution.
Its long-lasting battery provides 3 days on average usage with a 4500mAh battery, built with a 3A Fast Charge, that will keep users fully functional throughout the day.
Infinix Note 5 will also support Google Lens – a new way to search what you see and interact with the world around you. You can take action on text, identify distinct plant and animal breeds, learn more about popular landmarks and discover products similar to the ones that catch your eye – like furniture and apparel. The feature will be available right in the Note 5 camera and through the Google Assistant.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- London Underground to get full 4G coverage
- GIFEC wins 3 awards at GITTA 2019
- Inlaks adjudged 2019 Banking Technology Solutions Provider
- Instagram hides likes count in international test 'to remove pressure'
- Netflix confirms launch of mobile-only streaming service
- Google's Project Dragonfly 'terminated' in China
- China to provide scanners for 5 airports in Ghana
- Democrats considering a bill to ban Facebook from the finance industry
- ‘Africa Gateway’ launched to give insights into promising African markets
- Huawei will reportedly lay off hundreds of US workers
- Facebook 'to be fined $5bn over Cambridge Analytica scandal'
- Photos confirm Galaxy Note 10 won’t have a headphone jack
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 breaks cover in these first ‘official’ leaked photos
- Ghana loses out on 2019 Telecoms Maturity Index
- Facebook to be quizzed in court on EU-US data transfers