Apple skipped on offering much in the way of must-have discounts for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but today it launched a significant boost to trade-in credit for older iPhones.
The amount you’re getting probably still isn’t equal to what you’d make by selling on Craigslist or elsewhere, but Apple’s option is all about convenience.
It’s worth noting that this promotion is only open for those who are upgrading to the 2018 iPhone lineup, meaning the XS, XS Max, or XR. (That’s one way to increase demand.) Exactly how much more trade-in credit you’ll receive depends on the phone you’re handing over:
- iPhone 6 is worth $150, up from $75
- iPhone 6 Plus is worth $200, up from $100
- iPhone 6S is also worth $200, up from $100
- iPhone 6S Plus is worth $250, up from $150
- iPhone 7 is worth $250, up from $175
- iPhone 7 Plus is worth $300, barely up from $250
- iPhone 8 is also worth $300, up from $250
If you have an iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, or anything newer, your trade-in value is unaffected by the promotion, which should run through the rest of this year and into 2019.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10E, S10 5G: What's the difference?
- Huawei launches Y7 Prime 2019
- Israeli spacecraft poised to become first privately funded lander on moon
- Samsung Unpacked event: Here’s everything about Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10E
- 18000+ Android apps caught violating Google’s advertising ID policies
- Women whose boyfriends watch porn ‘more likely to develop eating disorders’
- Galaxy S10 to be released March 8
- Apple to investigate Saudi app that tracks women
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March
- Siemens partners WestPark to build industrial, business park in Africa
- Unraveling the journey of Vodafone 4G
- Google and Facebook 'need fake news regulator'
- Siemens launches FABRIC to turn urban data into dynamic visualisation of Jamestown
- Celltel, CEIEC, RAC sign MOU for $300m Smart Cities project
- Is the internet bad for us?