Apple skipped on offering much in the way of must-have discounts for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but today it launched a significant boost to trade-in credit for older iPhones.
The amount you’re getting probably still isn’t equal to what you’d make by selling on Craigslist or elsewhere, but Apple’s option is all about convenience.
It’s worth noting that this promotion is only open for those who are upgrading to the 2018 iPhone lineup, meaning the XS, XS Max, or XR. (That’s one way to increase demand.) Exactly how much more trade-in credit you’ll receive depends on the phone you’re handing over:
- iPhone 6 is worth $150, up from $75
- iPhone 6 Plus is worth $200, up from $100
- iPhone 6S is also worth $200, up from $100
- iPhone 6S Plus is worth $250, up from $150
- iPhone 7 is worth $250, up from $175
- iPhone 7 Plus is worth $300, barely up from $250
- iPhone 8 is also worth $300, up from $250
If you have an iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, or anything newer, your trade-in value is unaffected by the promotion, which should run through the rest of this year and into 2019.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Facebook’s ‘GlobalCoin’ cryptocurrency to launch in 2020, report claims
- Facebook culls 3 billion fake profiles
- Glo rolls out ‘breakthrough products’
- Ghana sets May 27 to mark National Girls ICT Day
- Amazon set for facial recognition revolt
- Bleach peddled as 'miracle' autism cure on YouTube
- Huawei's Android loss: How it affects you
- Huawei responds to Android ban
- Google restricts Huawei's use of Android
- How to use Google Maps to help someone find you
- Ghana marks World Telecommunications Day
- Vice President to be honoured as Digital Leader of the Year
- Tech Tent - Who’s spying on you?
- Ghana to take center stage at the global Africa forum on communications
- Facebook bans "inauthentic" accounts targeting Africa