Vodafone's strategy of igniting a digital revolution got a major endorsement with the Digital Champion of the Year award.
The Award, conferred on the company at the just held Ghana Business Awards, was in recognition of a very proactive digital campaign through its products, services, brand building and thought-leadership activities.
Vodafone's CEO, Yolanda Cuba was also voted the "Most Promising CEO of the Year" at the same awards. Yolanda’s accomplishments cap a three-year stint at the telecommunications company, where she has achieved tremendous success both for the company and the industry as a whole.
Vodafone has over the years demonstrated its commitment to using modern and innovative channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp to connect and engage with its customers in line with its commitment to lead Ghana’s digital revolution.
Commenting, Gayheart Mensah, Director for External Affairs at Vodafone Ghana said: “This is a vindication of the hard work we continue to put in as a telecommunications company, leading the digital agenda in Ghana. In an age where technology has become ubiquitous, companies such as ours have a major responsibility for empowering our customers with confidence and optimism. They need to feel that they can rely on us to help them navigate the uncertainty of the landscape and we guarantee that.”
The Ghana Business Awards provides a platform to recognize individuals and companies that play a significant role in the growth and development of their business sector whilst recognising the key functions within the sector that promote growth and sustainability.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Do you consume more data on 4G?
- UK MPs call for tax on social media companies
- Ghana’s mobile industry celebrates World Consumer Rights Day 2019
- WhatsApp co-founder urges users to delete their Facebook accounts — again
- AirPods, other wireless headphones could pose cancer risk, scientists warn
- Facebook says it removed 1.5 million videos of the New Zealand mosque attack
- Here’s how to batch delete old Facebook posts from your timeline
- WhatsApp set to introduce web browser with an important security feature
- Facebook loses chief product officer and Whatsapp head
- There are secret emojis hidden in WhatsApp – here’s how to find them
- Facebook suffers the most severe outage in its history
- How to reply privately in a WhatsApp group chat
- US 'warns Germany to drop Huawei'
- Happy Birthday, Internet: The World Wide Web turns 30
- Facebook’s new privacy mantra an ‘excuse to dodge responsibility’ says MP