In a bid to bring innovative solutions to the fintech industry and pave the way for young technology entrepreneurs, leading system integrator in Sub-Saharan Africa, Inlaks is set to birth an innovation lab called thehatch.
The launch of thehatch supports the vision of Inlaks to expand into a new phase termed “Inlaks 2.0”.
The innovation lab is set to build, scale and provide a nurturing environment for Fintech Start-ups by ensuring a level playing field for domestic technological ideas.
This laudable establishment will guarantee an easy penetration into the Fintech market with ample resources, training, finances and collaborative spheres to provide best in class Fintech solutions.
The launch of thehatch innovative lab will begin with a Hackathon challenge themed, “Shaping the future of Insurance”, geared towards the development of technologically enabled solutions that solve major problems in the insurance sector. The event is expected to gather 100 participants consisting of 20 teams of innovators to develop business and technical innovative solutions for the Insurance industry.
Interested participants can register by logging onto the portal on https://thehackathon.net/ and follow thehatch social media pages for more information. The portal will be open for applications today Monday, 11th June and will close by Wednesday, 3rd July for team selection.
The Managing Director, Africa Operations, Inlaks, Femi Adeoti expatiated on the event noting that “Most tech-startups do not have the experience to reach the customers that would buy into their solutions. It is, therefore, our goal to hand-hold these startups and take them to greater heights while interfacing with some of our global clients and partners, and thereby take advantage of the opportunities that are possible.”
To participate in the hackathon and qualify for amazing prizes, log on to the portal (https://thehackathon.net/ ) and follow on:
Instagram - @thehatchilab
Twitter - @thehatchilab
“thehatch” is an Inlaks innovation lab that offers programs designed to identify, nurture and scale great innovations with the potential to transform the financial service sector in Nigeria and globally. In the recognition of the fact that creative minds and startups need support and an environment that fosters creativity, thehatch with its well-structured and methodical approach identifies these great ideas, nurtures and develops them into viable digital businesses.
Established in 1982, INLAKS is an Information Technology Systems Integrator specialised in the deployment of dynamic and highly scalable ICT Infrastructure Solutions. Our customers cut across various segments including Banking, Telecommunication, Oil/Gas, Power, Utilities and the Distribution sectors of the economy. INLAKS also deploys Commercial/Resource Planning Software and Services to many multinational companies. For more information, please visit: www.inlaks.com.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- London Underground to get full 4G coverage
- GIFEC wins 3 awards at GITTA 2019
- Inlaks adjudged 2019 Banking Technology Solutions Provider
- Instagram hides likes count in international test 'to remove pressure'
- Netflix confirms launch of mobile-only streaming service
- Google's Project Dragonfly 'terminated' in China
- China to provide scanners for 5 airports in Ghana
- Democrats considering a bill to ban Facebook from the finance industry
- ‘Africa Gateway’ launched to give insights into promising African markets
- Huawei will reportedly lay off hundreds of US workers
- Facebook 'to be fined $5bn over Cambridge Analytica scandal'
- Photos confirm Galaxy Note 10 won’t have a headphone jack
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 breaks cover in these first ‘official’ leaked photos
- Ghana loses out on 2019 Telecoms Maturity Index
- Facebook to be quizzed in court on EU-US data transfers