It is very ironic to hear someone tell a love story so well without even being involved in any love relationship.
Most of Gyakie’s best-performing songs, including Forever, are underpinned by love, but the musician says she is not even dating.
According to her, that line of issues is her stronghold as far as her career is concerned.
“Sometimes it is overwhelming for me how I can write love songs although I am not in a relationship yet. Love stories are my strongholds, and it is actually part of my talent. When I am writing love songs, the lyrics flow easily’,” she explained on E Vibes.
The Afrobeats singer, known outside showbiz circles as Jackeline Acheampong, told Becky.
In 2019, Gyakie released her first single titled; “Love is pretty”, which paved the way for another single, “Never like this.”
In August 2020, the “Forever” song from her five-track EP, titled “Seed”, was her claim to fame, enjoying airplay and leading charts in Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria.
Gyakie completed T.I. Ahmadiyya Senior High School in Kumasi is now an undergraduate student of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). She is studying International Business.
E-Vibes is a weekly programme that delves into the background of the country’s celebrated personalities who are doing tremendous work in their chosen field of work cutting across sectors.
- Provisional 2021 WASSCE results released with 3,667 candidates’ withheld
- 9 dead, several others injured in accident at Gindabuo
- NSMQ 2021: ‘Learn to lose graciously’ – Primetime replies Presec on ‘raw deal’ claims
- 2021 WASSCE: Over 45% of candidates failed in Maths and English Language
- Police issues warrant for the arrest of Nhyiaeso MP
- ‘E-levy is not compulsory; if you don’t want to pay, don’t do ‘MoMo’ – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Adinkra Pie CEO, wife visit Otumfuo
- Prempeh College’s interactive screen was locked through no fault of theirs during NSMQ finale – Primetime Limited reveals
- 2 new banks coming soon – Banking Consultant
- Nhyiaeso MP, others arrested for careless driving
Ex-military man shoots 2 children over rent issues with their father
New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations
Mentally challenged persons invade Anaji M/A school
Burkina Faso president dissolves government
What makes a grandmother’s love so special?
Covid vaccines: Why is Nigeria unable to use its supply?
Akufo-Addo never directed GOIL to reduce its fuel prices – Egyapa Mercer
National Road Safety Authority engages church leaders on ‘Stay Alive’ campaign
Africa needs China and the US to work together
Former Malawi minister and central bank boss arrested
Nigeria to destroy expired Covid-19 vaccines
Africa cuts HIV infections, deaths but key targets still elusive
Ghana and Norway launch report on cost of piracy in Gulf of Guinea
Black Sherif details how he got Burna Boy on Second Sermon remix
Lyon deducted point for crowd trouble against Marseille & Dimitri Payet