Audio By Carbonatix
Three boxing judges are taking legal action against the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA) for suspending them after a championship fight ended controversially.
Judges Shardrach Acuaye, May Mensah Akakpo and Fred Ghartey officiated the WBA Pan African Super Lightweight title bout between Isaac Quartey and Albert Mensah at the Ohene Djan Stadium, on December 26 last year.
The two boxers completed the 12-round bout but an apparent failure by the judges to collate the results forced officials to suspend the announcement.
The Ghana Boxing Authority has since suspended the three judges for four bouts.
For now, results have been nullified and a rematch has been ordered for March 6.
One of the aggrieved judges, Shardrach Acquaye, has insisted the suspension has dented the image of the three, hence, their decision to head for the courts.
“We have instructed our lawyers to write to them,” he said.
Meanwhile, GBA Vice Chairman Ahene Truly has told Joy sports that his outfit will respond when they are served with a writ.
Source: Joy Sports/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
3 seconds -
Raúl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and Cuba
17 minutes -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
20 minutes -
US sanctions Tanzanian police official over alleged torture of human rights activists
23 minutes -
Borrowing in April hit highest level since Covid
27 minutes -
NCCE urges students, young people to lead fight against corruption
33 minutes -
AI used to fake evidence that ended Korean actor’s career, say police
34 minutes -
Swiss Armed Forces delegation engages GAF over peacekeeping cooperation at Burma Camp
40 minutes -
Mahama launches $300m World Bank-funded secondary school improvement programme
52 minutes -
Nato chief welcomes US sending 5,000 troops to Poland
55 minutes -
NIA pushes mandatory biometric verification as digital identity reforms expand
1 hour -
Dress properly for visa interviews; it can influence approval – Ghana’s Ambassador to US urges
1 hour -
Mahama unveils plans for second phase of ‘Big Push’ road programme for 2027
1 hour -
President Mahama assures Savannah Region of imminent electrification works
1 hour -
National Service Authority open to strategic partnerships – Ruth Dela Seddoh
1 hour