Audio By Carbonatix
Former Nigerian star and recent helmsman at Togo, Stephen Keshi is in talks with Togo football authorities to return as the coach of the Hawks.
Keshi, who was sacked as the coach of Togo in January last year, has held talks in Lome with officials of the Togo Football Federation (TFF) over the vacant post.
"Stephen Keshi was officially invited to Lome last Tuesday by the new Togo football federation for consultations," a TFF source told BBC Sport on Thursday.
The turnaround by the TFF comes after the recent change in its leadership, with Tata Avlessi replacing Rock Gnassingbe.
Keshi was sacked by former the Gnassingbe-led TFF board after Togo's first-round exit at the African Cup of Nations in Egypt.
The coach also had a row with star player Sheyi Adebayor during the competition which led the TFF to turn against him.
Before his dismissal Keshi, a former Nigeria captain, had achieved the unprecedented feat of earning Togo a ticket to its first ever World Cup in June last year.
Frenchman Patrice Neveu was expected to replace German Otto Pfister as the coach of the Hawks last month but his appointment was blocked by the government.
Neveu was appointed by Gnassingbe but when the son of the former Togolese president was voted out office Avlessi was reluctant to endorse an appointment instigated by the previous regime.
Source BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Luv FM launches 7th edition of Primary Schools Quiz; pupils urged to embrace Ghanaian culture
6 minutes -
Nollywood star Michael Dappa stuns fans with big chop ahead of new film role
19 minutes -
NPA slams gas ‘shortage’ rumours; assures over one month’s cover
38 minutes -
BoG, SEC order the removal of all crypto billboards within 48 hours
1 hour -
Majority Leader fires back at Sefwi protesters
2 hours -
New Horizon Fun Games: Vice President calls for stronger national commitment to inclusion
2 hours -
Prof. Amoah warns Africa against becoming China’s ‘Dumping Ground’
3 hours -
President Mahama commissions B5 Plus Steel Ball Mill and Manufacturing Plant to ignite industrial revolution
3 hours -
Fighters demand amnesty for cannabis convicts following massive policy shift
4 hours -
Don’t cancel the pension scheme for cocoa farmers
5 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: CJ’s ‘No Prima Facie’ ruling and Burkina Faso bloodshed
5 hours -
Trump says he is considering limited military strike on Iran
6 hours -
Strategic voices of the opposition: Miracles Aboagye’s field advocacy and Akosua Manu’s communication shape NPP’s path forward?
7 hours -
Trump plans new 10% tariff as Supreme Court rejects his global import taxes
7 hours -
Ghana can supply steel to entire West Africa if domestic steel industry thrives – Mahama
7 hours
