Minister of Youth and Sports, Mustapha Ussif has announced an enhanced package for member of Team Ghana at the 2020 Olympic Games on going in Tokyo, Japan.
According to the Minister any member of the team, who wins a Gold medal would pocket $5,000, with Silver medalists taking $4,000, whilst the third-placed or Bronze winner takes home $3,000.
Speaking in a zoom meeting with the athletes and officials, he disclosed that any athlete who qualifies from the preliminaries to the next stage would receive $1,000.
The Minister urged Samuel Takyi who has entered the medal zone and fights American, Duke Ragan at the semi-finals to go for the ultimate.
He also urged the 4×100 team and captain Joe Paul Amoah to try their best to earn a medal in the 200 meters and relay.
According to him, President Nana Akufo-Addo also has a special package for those who would excel and win the ultimate.
Mr. Ben Nunoo Mensah, President of the Ghana Olympic Committee (GOC) who initiated the meeting expressed appreciation to the Minister for the package.
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Actor Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
LiMAP-GH partners four institutions to screen women in Tarkwa for cancer
Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
NaaKay of Nkasei Fame re-brands as ‘Afro Yesus’
Accra High Court endorses closure of Obengfo Hospital
Hearts of Oak arrive in Morocco ahead of Wydad encounter
Womanising, drug abuse cause downfall of many local musicians – Bob Pinodo
Establish legal education reform commission over GSL mass failures – Minority Leader to Akufo-Addo
Ghana’s education must meet dictates of fourth revolution – Minister
Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
Insurance industry stakeholders declare August as blood donation month
Zeroing of Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies to begin in November – NPA
Education Ministry Audit unit lauded for its good financial management practices
STC struggling to cope with increasing cost of fuel – Nana Akomea