Medeama coach Tom Strand has rubbished reports he has resigned from the club after only six games.
The Swedish coach has been rumored to have held talks with Asante Kotoko to become their next coach should they part ways with David Duncan.
The trainer, who was missing from the bench in Medeama’s 1-0 loss to Berekum Chelsea cited ill health as the cause for his absence.
"I am not leaving Medeama. I have not said anywhere that I have resigned," he said
"I had malaria but now I'm getting better. I have no plans of leaving the club.”
“We have travelled a lot and I got sick after our victory Al-Itihad.”
On the reported move to Kotoko, Strand was emphatic his response stating that he was staying put at the Tarkwa side.
“Kumasi is too far from here. If I have to go there, I have to take a plane. I have heard a lot of rumors but people should take it easy and not talk too much.”
"I have a contract and I plan to respect that till the end. Please people should disregard the resignation reports."
Medeama play Bechem United this weekend it will be interesting to see whether Strand will return to the bench or not.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- ‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- ‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
- I was sued for instituting reforms at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital – Okoe Boye reveals
- Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
- Akufo-Addo presents 50 vehicles to army; cuts sod for $24.8m housing project
- ‘The power of the people is stronger than the people in power’ – Alban Bagbin
- Police secures order to refer husband of missing woman, Rhodaline Amoah for psychiatric exams
- 29 in court for assaulting Police officers in Ada
- A woman pope? Meet the feminists trying to save the Catholic Church
- I carried the cross for my family, it must end with me – Breast cancer survivor
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Your ruling was unrelated to legislative procedure – Akoto Ampaw to Bagbin
Some of physical requirements for entry into security agencies have no scientific basis – Security Analyst
The GPL headline sponsor conundrum: Why GFA should have to reduce $1 million valuation
World Cup Qualifiers: Onana back in Cameroon squad for Malawi and Ivory Coast
‘He blew us away’ – Cagliari coach lauds youngster Afena Gyan
GFA announces a ‘No Vaccination, No Entry’ policy for its events
Covid-19: Ghana’s active cases now 1,817
Sudan army sacks six envoys as coup condemnation grows
Sudan coup: World Bank suspends aid after military takeover
Education Ministry terminates 27 of Mahama’s E-block contracts
Defaulters of ‘Operation Clean Your Frontage’ will get 1-year imprisonment – Henry Quartey
Benin bronze: ‘Looted’ Nigerian sculpture being returned by university
Extensively read contracts before signing a deal – Becca to colleague singers
Pope Francis to visit Canada for indigenous reconciliation
Useless column with Mawuli Zogbenu: ‘I dodged the left breast’