The Minister of Trade and Industry, Akan Kyerematen has revealed government’s plan to create sustainable jobs in the country.
A ten-point comprehensive and integrated programme, he said while speaking at the 2021 Orientation programme for Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Executives (MMDCEs), will help assist the industrial transformation.
The said programme comprises of stimulus package for existing local industries, the One District One Factory (1D1F) initiative, Strategic Anchor Industries Initiatives, Industrial parks and special economic zones, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Development.
The others are industrial subcontracting, Export Development, Domestic Retail Trade, Business Regulatory Reforms and Public-Private Dialogue.
All these initiatives he agreed will in the long run enable the country to achieve rapid economic growth, create job opportunities, and to a larger extent reduce poverty and make Ghana the new manufacturing hub for Africa.
“Promoting local enterprises is the only guarantee for sustainable growth of the economy, creating jobs and building a prosperous Ghana”, Mr Kyerematen stated.
Taking a critical look at the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Development, the growth of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) will be supported directly.
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Livestream: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- Eugene Osei-Tutu: State funding of political parties; are we ready?
- Ho Central NDC primaries: It is time to reward loyalty and hard work – Randsford Kasu
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Beyoncé and Adidas reportedly end partnership
- Foreign on indigenous: A look at Ghana’s fashion industry
- 2023 Onga Cook Art: Keta SHTS defeats Mafi Adidome SHS and three other schools to qualify for zonals
- Damongo primaries: Adam Mutawakilu should go unopposed – NDC polling station executives
- Parliament adopts new rules as MPs vote on fate of ministerial appointees
- Twitter will kill ‘legacy’ blue checks on April 1
- Minority to ‘do everything possible’ to reject Ministerial nominees – Murtala Muhammed
- Off-duty pilot flying as passenger takes over plane after captain becomes incapacitated mid-flight
- Qpee Vibez out with new Afrobeats song titled ‘Allo’
- US Vice President to visit Ghana on March 27 to deepen bilateral relations, strengthen trade and investment
- MUSIGA to hold elections on August 8 after 4 years of postponements
- 7 surprisingly erotic zones in the body