Traders, who sell local foodstuff cited in President Akufo-Addo’s latest Covid-19 national broadcast, are upbeat about the future of their business.
In his ninth address, the President advised Ghanaians to eat foods, rich in Vitamin A, B6, C and E to boost their immune system against the virus and other diseases.
He recommended foods such as ‘kontomire’, oranges, ‘dawadawa’, millet, cashew nut, crabs, plantain, okro, brown rice and mushrooms.
“Fortunately all these foods can be food in Ghana, so patronising these foods, ensuring our personal hygiene, and improving our lifestyle habits should become part and parcel of our daily routines,” he said.
After the address, Joy News’ reporter, Nana Asenso Mensah visited the Race Course market in the Kumasi metropolis where he spoke to some sellers of the mentioned food items.
The traders said prior to the President’s address, patronage of the foodstuffs items were largely low, however they expressed hope the President’s call will be a game changer for them.
One trader, Yaa Lamisi had this to say; “We buy the Dawadawa from the North, we hope that people will know the health benefits of Dawadawa to increase our sales.
“They are sold at different prices; they range between ¢0.50 and ¢5. And it depends on the quantity you want to buy.
“Dawadawa can be used for different meals such as Jollof rice, Okra soup, sauce, and other soups.”
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Establish legal education reform commission over GSL mass failures – Minority Leader to Akufo-Addo
Ghana’s education must meet dictates of fourth revolution – Minister
Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
Insurance industry stakeholders declare August as blood donation month
Zeroing of Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies to begin in November – NPA
Education Ministry Audit unit lauded for its good financial management practices
STC struggling to cope with increasing cost of fuel – Nana Akomea
We can build Ghana through industrialisation – Lands Minister
UG SRC elections head into run-off as some candidates drop from race
Lackadaisical attitude of Ghana’s exhibitors at Expo 2021 Dubai blocking investments – Patrons
GTP, B5 Plus support Olympic Committee
Dr Mrs Foriwah Obeng Adjei
Dr Daniel Nkrumah: Sodom, Gomorrah and LGBTQI+ rights
Asantehene suggests creation of monitoring team to ensure judicious use of stool lands revenue