Persons who were quarantined after arrival in Ghana from abroad, account for more than half of the country’s confirmed coronavirus cases.
The Ghana Health Service which disclosed this on its COVID-19 website said, 78 of the 132 confirmed cases are Ghanaians, who returned home from affected countries.
Seven of these persons are of other nationalities – Norway, Lebanon, China, Netherlands and the United Kingdom (UK).
This revelation vindicates President Akufo-Addo, who was criticised for imposing a mandatory quarantine for persons who arrived in Ghana from midnight on Saturday, March 21.
The Speaker of Parliament has described the move as “God’s direction,” without which Ghana would have recorded more cases.
However, Ghana has recorded three COVID-19 deaths.
The Service said all three cases were “aged and had underlying chronic medical conditions.”
Perhaps a relief to many, is news of recovery. This person was one of the people who travelled into the country early this month when Ghana started recording cases of coronavirus.
Although he was allowed to leave the hospital after testing negative he has been asked to self-isolate for 28 days.
He would be tested after the self-isolation to confirm full recovery.
In respect of contact tracing, a total of 970 contacts have been identified and are being tracked. Out of this, 204 have completed the 14 days mandatory follow up.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Allegations of bias against Justice Honyenuga unfounded, Opuni trial can proceed – Supreme Court
- Go to IMF for liquidity support; your finances not good – gov’t told
- CAF Confederation Cup: Hearts of Oak drawn with Algeria’s JS Saoura
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Shatta Wale and Medikal each get ¢100k bail
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
29 in court for assaulting police officers in Ada
Sunao Tsuboi: Campaigning Hiroshima survivor dies aged 96
Kufuor Scholars offered scholarship at MountCrest University College
While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
‘I still feel traumatised by my experiences in EC’s strong room’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Parliament’s deliberation over Anti-LGBTQ bill could travel into 2022 – Sam George
MTN rewards customers with 5 Hyundai Sonatas under MTN @25 promo
Stacy Maweunam Amewoyi’s ‘Africa And The African’ raises questions about the continent’s fate
Facebook earns $9bn despite whistleblower scandal
UG to provide students, staff with laptops – New Vice-Chancellor announces
Joining Immigration Service will open doors for us to become billionaires – Applicants
International capital market debt constitutes 46% of Ghana’s external debt
Schoolboys ‘burn dormitory over Liverpool match’
Netflix scrambled internally to suppress a controversial movie from search results
Scrap petroleum tax to provide relief – Minority