Audio By Carbonatix
Twitter has confirmed that two of its bosses are leaving the social media company in one of the biggest shake-ups since Elon Musk agreed to buy the firm.
The executives had been leading Twitter's consumer and revenue operations.
From this week, the firm has also paused most hiring, except for "business critical roles".
The move comes as the multi-billionaire Tesla boss moves ahead with a $44bn (£36bn) takeover of the platform.
"We are pulling back on non-labour costs to ensure we are being responsible and efficient," a Twitter spokesperson told the BBC.
Kayvon Beykpour, who led Twitter's consumer division, and Bruce Falck, who oversaw revenue, both tweeted on Thursday that the departures were not their decisions.
Mr Beykpour said that he is currently on paternity leave and was disappointed after being asked to leave by Mr Parag, who "wants to take the team in a different direction".
Interrupting my paternity leave to share some final @twitter-related news: I’m leaving the company after over 7 years.
— Kayvon Beykpour (@kayvz) May 12, 2022
Mr Falck tweeted: "I'll clarify that I too was fired by (Parag)." But he appeared to delete the tweet later. His Twitter bio now says "unemployed".
Jay Sullivan, who was leading the consumer unit during Mr Beykpour's leave, will become permanent head of the division. He will also oversee the revenue team until a new leader is appointed.
Latest Stories
-
Nana Aba Anamoah names Doreen Andoh and Kwasi Twum as her dream interviewees
8 minutes -
Nana Aba Anamoah rates Mahama’s performance
40 minutes -
Religious Affairs Minister urges Christians to embrace charity and humility as Lent begins
1 hour -
Religious Affairs Minister calls for unity as Ramadan begins
1 hour -
Willie Colón, trombonist who pioneered salsa music, dies aged 75
2 hours -
Guardiola tells team to chill with cocktails as Man City pile pressure on Arsenal
3 hours -
Majority blasts Minority over Burkinabe border bloodbath claims
4 hours -
Analyst says Burkina Faso killings were a calculated signal to Ghana
5 hours -
Veep extends Ramadan greetings, donates to Cape Coast Central Mosque
5 hours -
UBIDS secures $6.6m prefabricated classroom complex to end space deficit
7 hours -
Gold Fields Ghana Foundation deepens childhood cancer awareness drive; invests $4.8m in community health
7 hours -
Iran students stage first large anti-government protests since deadly crackdown
7 hours -
Fire guts Saboba Hospital’s Children Ward
8 hours -
Interior Ministry extends aptitude test dates for WASSCE applicants in 2025/26 security services recruitment
9 hours -
National Investment Bank donates GH₵1m to support GAF barracks redevelopment project
10 hours
