Veteran actor Kofi Laing popularly known in showbiz circles as ‘Kohwe’ has been reported dead.
According to reports reaching Joy Entertainment sources, he died on Thursday at his Accra residence.
Sources say the veteran actor suffered from a stroke recently and was receiving treatment.
The jovial actor during an interview on Adom FM’s Work and Happiness in 2019, called on Ghanaians to support him and other actors.
Kohwe bemoaned the appalling conditions of veterans who worked hard to bring smiles to entertain Ghanaians.
The ace actor disclosed that he did not make money from acting stressing his love for comedy kept him in the industry.
Kohwe also revealed that he had to quit his job at the Foreign Affairs Ministry for acting.
“I don’t regret acting comedy because I would have died long ago like some of my colleagues died out of depression, sorrow and as paupers,” he said.
Following his call for help, a few individuals extended a hand.
Ablekuma West MP Ursula Owusu-Ekuful promised to support him.
She visited Kohwe while on tour in the constituency ahead of the December 2020 elections.
Kohwe featured in the popular Akan Drama as well as the “Kaneshie Odorkor” TV series.
His use of the British English Language and Fante in “District Colonial Court” captivated the hearts of many Ghanaians.
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- 37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Agona East Assembly endorses President’s nominee
Women urged to have their breasts examined
Covid-19: Ghana’s death toll rises to 1,172
Re-nominated DCE of Adaklu fails second attempt
Treason: We don’t want to fail, it must happen – Dr Mac Palm
Message from the Morning Man: Pay for Pain
Stop begging for arrested criminals – Police to Politicians
SYND-Ghana hosts Pre-COP26 Youth Summit on climate change
There was about 1million vote difference between presidential and parliamentary results – Otokunor alleges
I blame EC for the 8 deaths recorded in 2020 elections – Otokunor
Delay in sanctioning culprits for deaths recorded in 2020 election worrying – Dr Pumpuni Asante
Ballot stuffing claims by NDC ‘bogus’ – Peter Mac Manu
EC reducing cost of elections per voter to $7.70 incorrect – Peter Otokunor
Streaming platforms do not properly represent massive support we give to our local musicians – Kwame Berko
2021 AFCON: Teams can have up to 28 players in squad