Audio By Carbonatix
Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia has urged management of the Youth Resource Centres across the country to imbibe a culture of proper use and maintenance for the facilities.
Speaking during an inspection of ongoing works at the Wa Youth Resource Centre on Wednesday, Dr Bawumia expressed satisfaction at the progress of works so far, and challenged the contractor to meet the proposed completion date.

Phase One of the project is complete, according to the contractor, while Phase Two is 98% complete.
The Wa Youth Resource Centre is one of 10 such Resource Centres for which construction began in the then 10 Regions before the creation of six additional regions.
Among others, the multi-purpose Centres will have football pitches, stands, and other facilities for youth development and training to help them acquire the requisite skills in diverse sporting disciplines for the overall benefit of the society.

Vice President Bawumia recalled that this year's Independence Day Celebration was held at the Resource Centre at Adaklu in the Volta Region, and emphasised that government was committed to ensuring that the other centres are also completed.
"I am very impressed so far by what I have seen. I have been told by the contractor that in a couple of months works will be completed.

"This facility is very important for Ghana, especially the people of the Upper West Region and Wa. It is a multi-purpose facility, so hopefully it will help unearth talents in the many sporting disciplines and provide opportunities for their development. It will also help channel youthful energies to good use.
"This is a promise we have delivered, and we will continue to deliver on our promises," he emphasized.
The Vice President, who was on a day's visit to the region, was accompanied by the Regional Minister, Hafiz Bin Salih, and other government officials.
Latest Stories
-
NCA orders telcos to extend network coverage beyond district capitals
1 hour -
African Union summit clouded by Saudi-UAE rivalry in Horn of Africa
2 hours -
No more excuses – NCA rolls out stricter mobile service standards
2 hours -
Call drops must fall below 1% – NCA raises bar for telcos
2 hours -
China to implement zero tariffs on imports from 53 African countries
4 hours -
Tunisian police detain opposition figure Olfa Hamdi at airport
4 hours -
US deports 9 to Cameroon despite court protections, NYT says
5 hours -
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
5 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
5 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
5 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
5 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
5 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
6 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
6 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
6 hours
