Creative Entrepreneur and poet Chief Moomen is encouraging Ghanaian musicians to make a deliberate effort for global recognition.
He threw in his observation and suggestion on April 9, on Joy FM’s Showbiz A-Z, where he joined Kidi, Camidoh and Mr. Drew as guests. The panel discussed the rough and tough terrain in Ghana music, during which Chief Moomen advised musicians.
Chief Moomen asserted that the Ghana music industry has possibly taken a cue from the exemplary path that its Nigerian counterparts have charted.
He congratulated and commended the likes of Kidi and Kuami Eugene on their successful show at the Indigo O2 in the UK, as well as King Promise’s amazing performance in Nigeria recently, stressing that they are proof that we can go global too.
“If we do not move out there and demand to be noticed, our talents will not be noticed”, he opined. According to the playwright, Ghanaian musicians need to make conscious efforts to attain worldwide status
He admitted that it is imperative for artistes to pay their dues with hard work to make it to the limelight. Similarly, taking one’s art to all corners of the world requires dedicated and deliberate efforts.
“They [need to] put in work to get their claim internationally… if they need to take [their art] to the next level, they need to put in the work”, he explained.
Young vibrant musicians in Ghana have, in recent times, demonstrated their zeal and thirst to change the narrative. After Lynx Entertainment signees Kidi and Kuami Eugene shut down London, Camidoh has reached over a million views on Youtube with his hit single Sugarcane, while Black Sherif’s Kwaku The Traveller is currently the most ‘shazamed’ song in the world.
- Sacked police chief arrested in connection with $150m corruption scandal
- Couple crushed to death on their engagement day
- I was 5 months pregnant when I found out my boyfriend was gay
- Florida nabs largest python ever found in state
- Ablakwa’s claim of Akufo-Addo flying ‘Luxury Monster’ inaccurate – Presidency
- Influencers’ Block: An African mother’s zip forced ‘Kofi ne Ama’ to break the internet
- My biggest fear before marriage was ‘chop money’ – McDan
- Khaby Lame becomes world’s most-followed TikToker
- Parliament orders immediate withdrawal of soldiers used for installation of Krobo prepaid meters
- Anny Osabutey: Why the smell of Akpeteshie is difficult to shake off
Abortion clinics start to close after US Supreme Court ruling
MTN donates to promote digital literacy in Ashanti region
18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
Livestream: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
Enimil Ashon: Osafo Maafo taking NPP to opposition?￼￼
MTN celebrates 12 years of Ashantifest with exciting activities
WAFU B U-17 tournament: Black Starlets win bronze after beating Ivory Coast
NFL star Ezekiel Ansah donates to 14 health centres in Akropong
Ghana to get a comprehensive haematology and sickle cell centre – Project lead
I never said Akufo-Addo travelled in D-Alex – Ablakwa
McDan justifies ‘a woman’s money is not her husband’s’ comment
Eugene Arhin cannot justify Akufo-Addo’s ‘Luxury Monster’ flight – Ablakwa
Albert Kwabena Dwumfour elected GJA president
Morocco commended for progress made in women’s rights
GCB Bank management meets chief executive of AMA