A Chicago mother has been charged for allegedly killing her 12-year-old son over a missing SD memory card.
Fallon Harris, 37, is accused of shooting her son, Kaden Ingram in the head multiple times inside their South Chicago home, on Saturday morning.
Prosecutors alleged in court that security cameras inside the home captured Harris pointing her gun at her son as she demanded he hand over the memory card, CBS2 reports.
When the boy said he didn’t have the card, Harris allegedly fired a single shot at her son’s head.
The boy was “conscious and crying” after the first shot, according to prosecutors.
Harris allegedly took a phone call while her son was lying on the kitchen floor and came back to demand the memory card again.
She then shot her son in the head a second time, prosecutors allege.
Police were alerted by two family members whom Harris had called immediately after the shooting to allegedly admit what she had done.
Responding, officers found the boy lying on the kitchen floor with multiple gunshot wounds to his head.
Kaden was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Harris has been charged with first-degree murder.
She was refused bail during a brief court hearing Sunday, where the judge ordered her to undergo a mental health evaluation.
Family members told investigators that the mother had been displaying paranoid behavior prior to the shooting.
The mother has a concealed carry license and owns two guns, according to prosecutors.
- Father files $1m lawsuit after teacher cuts child’s hair
- Veteran actor ‘Kohwe’ passes on
- 11 SHSs put under surveillance on suspicion of exam malpractice – WAEC
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS gives military rulers 6 months to return country to constitutional order
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS’ ultimatum for return to democratic rule not feasible – Col Festus Aboagye
- Brussels to name street after murdered sex worker Eunice Osayande
- Hearts of Oak unveil new kits for 2021/22 season
- Most professionals have reached out to pay their taxes after President’s call – GRA
- You don’t have to use ‘big names’ realtors to acquire a house – Ecobank Ghana
- Sex workers at Sunyani arrested for allegedly beating a client to death
I deserve 3Music awards but I’ll get rid of them – Shatta Wale
High-speed internet via airborne beams of light
Three-member committee submits report on new Black Stars coach to GFA
27-year-old arrested for alleged murder
Manchester City: Pep Guardiola will not apologise for asking more fans to attend Southampton game
Korle-Bu open doors for patients to share experience on World Patient Safety Day
Nicki Minaj’s Covid-19 vaccine ‘swollen testicles’ claim is false, says Trinidad Health Minister
Livestream: First episode of Joy Entertainment’s ‘Moment with Joy’ features Emefa Adeti
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a risk factor for depression in women – Gynaecologist
#Phobia110 trends as fans react to new Hearts of Oak jersey
Ghana bags over $6.5 billion in oil revenue in 10 years
My wife paid for our wedding expenses and I cherish her for that – Joy FM listener
World Bank discontinues publication of Doing Business report
Guinea coup: ECOWAS’ ultimatum for return to democratic rule not feasible – Col Festus Aboagye
Sex workers at Sunyani arrested for allegedly beating a client to death