A Chicago mother has been charged for allegedly killing her 12-year-old son over a missing SD memory card.
Fallon Harris, 37, is accused of shooting her son, Kaden Ingram in the head multiple times inside their South Chicago home, on Saturday morning.
Prosecutors alleged in court that security cameras inside the home captured Harris pointing her gun at her son as she demanded he hand over the memory card, CBS2 reports.
When the boy said he didn’t have the card, Harris allegedly fired a single shot at her son’s head.
The boy was “conscious and crying” after the first shot, according to prosecutors.
Harris allegedly took a phone call while her son was lying on the kitchen floor and came back to demand the memory card again.
She then shot her son in the head a second time, prosecutors allege.
Police were alerted by two family members whom Harris had called immediately after the shooting to allegedly admit what she had done.
Responding, officers found the boy lying on the kitchen floor with multiple gunshot wounds to his head.
Kaden was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Harris has been charged with first-degree murder.
She was refused bail during a brief court hearing Sunday, where the judge ordered her to undergo a mental health evaluation.
Family members told investigators that the mother had been displaying paranoid behavior prior to the shooting.
The mother has a concealed carry license and owns two guns, according to prosecutors.
- Accra is second most expensive city in the world – Survey
- Complete abandoned E-block if you are frustrated – Akufo-Addo tells Aflao chief
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- Google agrees to integrate Ghana’s GPS into Google map system – Bawumia
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- Court refuses appeal challenging NCA’s decision to reduce Joy and Asempa FMs coverage area
- Shatta Wale to appear in court today over hoax shooting
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
NDC playing to the gallery by demanding government scraps taxes on fuel – Egyapa Mercer
Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
German-based Ghanaian artiste returns to music scene with new single
Cape Coast High Court quashes remand of NDC Communications Officer accused of incest
Kwame Koduah Atuahene: New agenda for Road Safety – Time to focus on institutional irresponsibility
Europa Conference League: Wins for Rennes, PAOK & Feyenoord
Newcastle United hold talks with ex Roma boss Paulo Fonseca
Be honest about campaign promises that can be fulfilled and those that cannot – Franklin Cudjoe to government
We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
The Queen back at Windsor after hospital stay
Claanti Foundation embarks on breast cancer awareness, screening in Ahafo region
New maternity block at Tatale Health Center yet to be operationlised after 18 months
Accra Sports Stadium and Baba Yara approved by club licensing board
Playback: PM Express discusses state of Ghana’s energy sector
‘The responsibility is mine’ – Mourinho after suffering heaviest managerial defeat against Bodo/Glimt