A huge fire has engulfed a tower block in Latimer Road, west London, with eyewitnesses claiming people are trapped in their homes.
The fire at Grenfell Tower on the Lancaster West Estate was reported at 01:16 BST and about 200 firefighters are tackling the blaze.
The Met Police said people were being treated for "a range of injuries".
The BBC's Andy Moore said the whole tower block was alight and there are fears the building might collapse.
London Fire Brigade sent 40 fire engines to the tower.
'Covered in ash'
Eyewitnesses said they could see lights - thought to be torches - flashing at the top of the block of flats, which people say is "close to burning through".
George Clarke, the presenter of Channel 4 TV programme Amazing Spaces, told Radio 5 Live: "I'm getting covered in ash, that's how bad it is.
"I'm 100 metres away and I'm absolutely covered in ash.
"It's so heartbreaking, I've seen someone flashing their torches at the top level and they obviously can't get out."
Tim Downey, another eyewitness, told the BBC part of the building was "completely burned away".
"It has burned through to its very core," he said.
"It looks very bad, very very bad. I've never seen anything like this. It's just such a big fire.
"The whole building is just crumbling. It's just billowing black smoke."
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Trump attacks Mueller's Russia inquiry as 'absolutely nuts'
- Carmakers lure ride-hailer, delivery drivers in Africa
- White House aide Mira Ricardel removed after Melania Trump row
- Nigeria: Biafra secessionist leader 'must appear in court'
- Lion Air crash: Victim's fiancée takes wedding photos alone
- UK closer to delivering Brexit - May
- UN lifts nine-year Eritrea sanctions
- South Africa minister resigns weeks after sex video scandal
- Brexit: Theresa May to face cabinet showdown over deal
- Trump finally appoints new ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Over 300,000 Congolese refugees forced to leave Angola
- 10 students die in suspected arson at Ugandan boarding school
- CNN sues Trump, top White House aides for barring Acosta
- California wildfires: Death toll reaches grim milestone
- Final school hostages freed in Cameroon