Talks on forming a coalition government in Germany have collapsed after the free-market liberal FDP pulled out.
FDP leader Christian Lindner said there was no "basis of trust" with Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative CDU/CSU bloc and the Greens.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- At least 42 killed in Zimbabwe bus fire
- Symbolic funeral services for murdered Jamal Khashoggi
- US to cut Africom troops amid focus on Russia and China
- Trump ordered to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's access
- Trump attacks Mueller's Russia inquiry as 'absolutely nuts'
- Carmakers lure ride-hailer, delivery drivers in Africa
- White House aide Mira Ricardel removed after Melania Trump row
- Nigeria: Biafra secessionist leader 'must appear in court'
- Lion Air crash: Victim's fiancée takes wedding photos alone
- UK closer to delivering Brexit - May
- UN lifts nine-year Eritrea sanctions
- South Africa minister resigns weeks after sex video scandal
- Brexit: Theresa May to face cabinet showdown over deal
- Trump finally appoints new ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Over 300,000 Congolese refugees forced to leave Angola