Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has resigned, parliament speaker Jacob Mudenda says.
The surprise announcement came as lawmakers debated an impeachment motion against the 93-year-old leader in a joint sitting of parliament.
Mr Mugabe had previously refused to resign despite last week's military takeover, and days of protests against his rule.
He has been in power since independence in 1980.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Theresa May to join EU summit after surviving confidence vote
- Tanzania to build dam at heritage site
- Theresa May to face leadership challenge
- Senior citizens arrested after 'large amount of cocaine' found stashed on cruise ship
- Mozambique busts '30,000 ghost workers'
- Two nuns admit embezzling cash for Vegas gambling trips
- Thousands walk on Ethiopia Car Free Day
- Macron to hold protest crisis meeting
- Gabon's Bongo suffered a stroke - Vice President
- Kenya's president hires 91-year-old to secure youth sports fund
- Sudan helicopter crash kills officials
- Togo: child shot, killed during clashes between protesters, security forces
- William Barr nominated by Donald Trump to be US attorney general
- South Africa mob kills suspected arsonist
- If US builds missiles, so will we – Putin