President Nana Akufo-Addo is currently on tour in Europe to strengthen foreign ties between Ghana and its European allies.
“The 2018 Conference is bringing together reform-minded African countries, international organizations and bilateral partners from G20 and beyond to co-ordinate country-specific reform agendas, support respective policy measures and advertise investment opportunities to private investors,” a Government of Ghana press statement reads.
Under the Compact, Ghana and Germany have entered into a 100 million euros bilateral Investment and Reform Partnership agreement to aid in investments, renewable energy and vocational training.
While in Germany, Akufo-Addo has met with execs at Volkswagen and Siemens todiscuss possible business ventures between Ghana and the German companies.
In Cote d’Ivoire, Akufo-Addo met with Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara to speak on regional issues before heading to Europe to meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who announced her resignation from her post early Monday morning.
On Wednesday, Akufo-Addo is scheduled to deliver the keynote speech at the 18th International Economic Forum on Africa of the powerful Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in France.
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Shirley Ayorkor Botchway and Minister for Finance, Ken Ofori-Atta will accompany the President at the forum.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Prince William: 'I'd support my child if they were gay'
- Kenyan MP arrested after threatening foreign traders
- Pilot falls asleep mid-flight, misses airport
- Beauty queen 'raped by Gambia's ex-President Jammeh'
- Grace Mugabe slapped with $4m lawsuit
- Kenya's love-hate relationship with Chinese traders
- Ethiopia 'coup ringleader killed'
- Zimbabwe bans use of foreign currencies
- Aksum: The holy city where mosques are banned
- Iran: New US sanctions target Supreme Leader Khamenei
- Sudan crisis: Internet restored - but only for lawyer
- Woman wakes up alone on dark, parked plane
- Jihadists kill 7 Chadian soldiers, local guard in ambush
- Man ordered to compensate ex-wife for 27 years of house chores
- US 'launched cyber-attack on Iran weapons systems'