Officials in Ivory Coast are destroying 18,000 tonnes of rice that has been declared unfit for human consumption.
The shipment of rice, from Myanmar (also known as Burma), had been refused entry at several West African ports in recent weeks, including Lome, Conakry and Accra.
The goods were finally unloaded in Abidjan and then tests were done, which showed there was a problem with the rice.
It is now being taken to a landfill site.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Vibrator prize for Spanish squash champion spurs sexism debate
- White House tells ex-aide not to testify
- 12 Jihadists killed as Egypt investigates bomb explosion
- Kenya warns foreigners running illegal betting firms
- The Indian Dalit man killed for eating in front of upper-caste men
- Boat carrying Uganda footballers capsizes
- Saudi Arabia gives Sudan junta $250m
- Boat packed with footballers capsizes in Lake Albert
- Billionaire technology investor to pay entire class's student loans
- Trump: War would mean 'end of Iran'
- Bodies of 'twins' found in clean-up of Kenya river
- Trump breaks silence amid Alabama abortion ban row
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- US lifts steel and aluminium tariffs on Canada
- Kenya's ex-President ordered to pay $10m for land grab