Officials in Ivory Coast are destroying 18,000 tonnes of rice that has been declared unfit for human consumption.
The shipment of rice, from Myanmar (also known as Burma), had been refused entry at several West African ports in recent weeks, including Lome, Conakry and Accra.
The goods were finally unloaded in Abidjan and then tests were done, which showed there was a problem with the rice.
It is now being taken to a landfill site.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Police name suspect in Japan animation studio fire
- Eritrea Orthodox Church ex-leader expelled for 'heresy'
- Ramaphosa 'deliberately' misled parliament - Public Protector
- US shoots down Iranian drone
- S. Africa: Soldiers deployed to counter surge in violence
- Man finds own amputated leg on cigarette packets without consent
- Trump sparks condemnation after supporters chant 'send her back'
- US honours Nigerian imam who hid Christians from killers
- Trump renews attacks on congresswomen of colour: ‘Let them leave’ America
- Kenya deports 17 foreign directors of betting firms
- Former president of ECOWAS Commission De Souza passes away
- Mexican drug lord El Chapo gets life in prison
- Africans 'twice as likely to be refused a UK visa'
- Tom Steyer: Trump 'has met' criteria for impeachment
- US House votes to condemn Trump's attacks on congresswomen