Rwandan model and actress Alexia Mupende was killed on Tuesday evening at her father's house.
The 35-year-old showcased Rwanda’s clothing brands on the international scene.
Preliminary reports suggest she died after being stabbed by a domestic worker, Rwanda's private pro-government paper the New Times reports.
It has emerged that she was due to get married next month and wedding invitations had been sent out, it says.
Private Ugandan paper the Daily Monitor adds that Ms Mupende lived in Kenya, where she was born, Uganda and Rwanda.
It says she did her primary and secondary school education in Kenya and Uganda respectively before moving to Rwanda, where she studied Business Information and Technology.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Three dead in record flooding in US Midwestern states
- Australia PM calls for social media crackdown
- Cyclone Idai: Mozambique president says 1,000 may have died
- Dutch shooting: Utrecht police arrest suspect after three killed
- South Africa's President Ramaphosa gets stuck on train
- Utrecht shooting: Several hurt as man opens fire in tram
- Cyclone Idai: Devastation in Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- Cyclone Idai sweeps across Zimbabwe, killing dozens
- US puts $1m bounty on Osama bin Laden's son
- Biden 'mistakenly' announces he's running
- Soil offered to Ethiopia jet families
- Suspect in New Zealand shooting charged with murder
- Deadly cyclone tears into Zimbabwe
- 49 dead in New Zealand mosque attacks
- DR Congo MPs elect senate amid vote buying scandal