Rwandan model and actress Alexia Mupende was killed on Tuesday evening at her father's house.
The 35-year-old showcased Rwanda’s clothing brands on the international scene.
Preliminary reports suggest she died after being stabbed by a domestic worker, Rwanda's private pro-government paper the New Times reports.
It has emerged that she was due to get married next month and wedding invitations had been sent out, it says.
Private Ugandan paper the Daily Monitor adds that Ms Mupende lived in Kenya, where she was born, Uganda and Rwanda.
It says she did her primary and secondary school education in Kenya and Uganda respectively before moving to Rwanda, where she studied Business Information and Technology.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Pilot falls asleep mid-flight, misses airport
- Beauty queen 'raped by Gambia's ex-President Jammeh'
- Grace Mugabe slapped with $4m lawsuit
- Kenya's love-hate relationship with Chinese traders
- Ethiopia 'coup ringleader killed'
- Zimbabwe bans use of foreign currencies
- Aksum: The holy city where mosques are banned
- Iran: New US sanctions target Supreme Leader Khamenei
- Sudan crisis: Internet restored - but only for lawyer
- Woman wakes up alone on dark, parked plane
- Jihadists kill 7 Chadian soldiers, local guard in ambush
- Man ordered to compensate ex-wife for 27 years of house chores
- US 'launched cyber-attack on Iran weapons systems'
- Ethiopia army chief shot dead in 'coup bid' attacks
- Ugandan activist to be prosecuted over president's mother