German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said she is fine after she was seen trembling as she greeted Ukraine's president on a boiling day in Berlin.
Mrs Merkel, 64, was visibly struggling as she stood next to Volodymyr Zelensky while a military band played the two countries' anthems in the midday sun.
The temperatures in the German capital were approaching 30C (86F) at the time.
Mrs Merkel said she was dehydrated. "I've drunk at least three glasses of water and so I'm doing fine."
The chancellor was answering a question about her wellbeing at a joint news conference with President Zelensky.
Meanwhile, Mr Zelensky, a comedian-turned-president, said that he would have come to the rescue if needed.
"She was standing next to me and completely safe," he said.
Ms Merkel is one of the European Union's most influential politicians and has been described as the Queen of Germany and even the Empress of Europe.
She has announced that she will step down when her current - fourth - term runs out in 2021.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Russia-China 'joint air patrol' stokes tension
- Yahya Jammeh accused of killing journalist
- Man shot 'because of skin colour' in Germany
- Boris Johnson is next UK Prime Minister
- US brings in new fast-track deportation rules
- Stray bullet kills Nigerian journalist covering clashes
- South Africa's anti-corruption chief lied under oath
- CIA spies sentenced to death' in Iran
- President 'bans national anthem being sung in his absence'
- Kenya's finance minister, top officials arrested for corruption
- Nigerian serviceman returns lost parcel full of cash
- England's seaside towns where young people might disappear
- Turkish nationals kidnapped in Nigeria's Kwara State
- The teenager whose murder was exploited for clicks
- British Airways suspends flights to Cairo