A 25-year-old man, Sumani Abdulai, has been lynched at Kanfihayili a community in the Kumbugu District of the Northern region.
The deceased according to the Northern region police was found in a pool of blood dead in his own room after a Police patrol team on duty in the Tamale Metropolis gathered intelligence that a section of the youth in Kanfihayili village near Kumbugu town had lynched one person and deposited the body somewhere.
The Northern Region Crime Officer Superintendent Bernard Baba Anaga said a narration by the deceased father Alhassan Sumani said there was a funeral in the village where the deceased attended noting that whiles at the funeral a fight ensured between the deceased and some youth of the town.
He also told the police the deceased left the place to his house but the people pursued him to his room where they attacked and beat him till he fell unconscious and died.
Supt Anaga added that Mr Sumani failed to mention the names of the suspects but added that the police has however picked up five people who are currently assisting the police with investigates.
The five are Assemblyman for the area Alhassan Gomnoe age 36yrs, Alhassan Naporo age 80years, the chief of the village, Andani Mumuni age 70years, Seidu Mahama age 75yrs and Umar Alhassan age 44yrs all elders of the village.
Meanwhile the body has been deposited at Tamale Teaching Hospital awaiting autopsy
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Ama Governor opens up for the time since being reconsidered for the Bar
- BoG keeps policy rate unchanged at 30%
- Dr Norvishie Arkutu: Dealing with dental anxiety in oral health delivery
- There are lack of teachers, books for arts education in basic schools – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Nana Kwasi Gyan-Apenteng: Letter to European Commission President on Migrant Crisis
- Buildings demolition: Drobo chief accuses Japekrom Traditional Council, MUSEC of complicity
- COVID-19: Ghanaians urged to take vaccination exercise seriously
- Bill to remove 15% sanitary pad tax introduced
- Alan Kyerematen to speak on his political future today
- Raymond Acquah: Ada Radio’s Noah Dameh, a true hero of our time
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit ¢1.190trn in eight months of 2023 – BoG
- Entries open for 10th edition of Ghana CSR Excellence Awards
- You are a role model; you have transformed Ghana Airports Company – Deputy Transport Minister to MD
- Give women more leadership roles – Government told
- Flood from Bui dam spillage leaves 1,500 residents displaced in Buipe