Three people have been confirmed dead after a commercial Zhontong bus crashed into a Renault gas tanker that was on its way to discharge gas at a nearby station at Fumesua near Ejisu on Kumasi-Accra road.
Two female victims died on the spot while the male among them died at the Ejisu Government Hospital where he was rushed for medical attention.
The accident occurred at a spot near Alhaji Saliya at about 11 P.M on Tuesday.
The timely intervention of personnel from the fire service and Police Motor, Traffic and Transport Department prevented the leaking gas tanker from catching fire.
The driver of the gas tanker with registration GN 9384-20 which was in the inner lane is said to have signaled to oncoming traffic of his intention to negotiate a curve to nearby Sonique Gas to offload gas.
But the speeding Zhontong bus, traveling from Asante Mampong on the Kumasi-Accra road direction crashed into the rear of the gas tanker, causing damage to the truck.
Police sources say all 41 passengers on board the bus survived the accident, except three.
The injured were rushed to the Living Waters Hospital and the Ejisu Government Hospital.
All victims sent to the Living Waters Hospital at Krapa have been treated and discharged but some are on admission at the Ejisu Government Hospital.
Meanwhile, the bodies of the deceased have been deposited at the Juaben Government Hospital morgue.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain