The Enchi District Magistrate court has remanded a farmer into police custody for allegedly stealing money.
The accused person, Sambia Kaakyire, 52, pleaded not guilty to the charge of stealing and would reappear before the court on Wednesday, April 7.
Police Detective Inspector Joseph Kwadwo Agyare, told the court that the complainant in the case, Amandu Bukari is a farmer and lives in the same room with the accused at Jensue in the Aowin Municipality.
On March 4, 2021, at about 17:30 pm, the principal witness, Constance Moro came to Jensue township to buy some drugs and while there it began to rain so she decided to seek refuge in the nearby house where the accused live.
He said Kaakyire invited Constance into the room while the complainant was fast asleep.
Detective Agyare said the accused person who had planned to take advantage of Constance gave her GH¢1,000.00 cash and pleaded to have sexual intercourse with her.
The prosecution said the complainant suddenly woke up and while he was searching his pocket, Kaakyire fled from the scene and left behind Constance.
Mr Agyare said Constance narrated her ordeal to the complainant and also handed over the GH¢1,000.00 to him.
He informed the court that the complainant organized a search party to comb the entire Jensue township to get hold of the accused but there was no sign of him for two days.
The complainant later had a tip-off that Kaakyire was hiding at a cottage, where he was arrested and brought to the Enchi police station.
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- West African leaders in Mali over detained Ivorians
- NCA, AG dragged to court over directives on SIM re-registration
- Adidas row: Morocco demands change to Algerian jersey design
- Linguistics Association of Ghana explores ways to make language socially relevant
- Ghana’s export to Burkina Faso increased to $276million in 2021
- Book containing late Prof Mills’ SONA christened “Atta Mills Speaks” launched
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Banking sector crisis: State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG rolls out Graduate Research Trust Fund
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC